Thursday, February 20, 2014

Finding Nemo

Ethan and I enjoying the new penguin exhibit
A few weeks before Valentine's Day Jeff asked me what I wanted to do.  Romantic dinner date? Trip to the movies? Leave Ethan with my mom and dad, and head to L.A. for the night?  I turned to him and said, "I'm sorry to break it to you, but I've become one of those moms that doesn't want to be away from their baby for long. So, whatever we do, can Ethan come too?" I was happy to hear that Jeff has also become one of those dads that loves having the kids tag along, instead of it just being the two of us.

We had to think of an outing that would be fun for us, and for Ethan; right away I suggested the Aquarium of the Pacific, in Long Beach.  This is one of my all time favorite places to visit in Southern California.  Although it's smaller than the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, I actually like it more and feel that the exhibits are more interesting.

I was nervous about taking Ethan to the aquarium, he's still so small I didn't know if it would be boring for him, or if he'd be over it after half an hour.  Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised.  He loved it! This turned out to be the perfect place to take an infant.  He loved standing on the platforms and touching the glass.  The coolest part was that every exhibit held his attention because he could get right up to the glass, touch it, put his forehead up against it, and we could stay at each exhibit until he seemed disinterested.

This trip was such a huge success that we became members.  This way we can go as often as we'd like this year.  If you're looking for a fun place to take your family (even if you don't have kids), I highly recommend a visit to the Aquarium of the Pacific.  If you still aren't convinced, maybe a tour of the aquarium through our pictures will help.

Their jellyfish exhibit is amazing! They even
have a jellyfish touch tank.
The jellyfish are definitely one of my favorite
exhibits.

The large shark tank.

They have a sting ray touch tank, Ethan's
still too small to touch, but he loved seeing them
swim by.


The clown fish tank was Ethan's favorite.  He
kept trying to touch all of the fish, and was
smiling and talking the whole time we were
there.

My other favorite exhibit is the leafy sea dragon tank.

People watching after an awesome day at
the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator