Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Space Bag

The garage that we try to keep as organized as possible
Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks.  For some reason the last few weeks have been so incredibly tiring I've had to choose between writing a post or getting sleep.  Sleep always wins, except for tonight of course.  Feeling guilty about neglecting my 10 readers, I decided to stay up until the wee hours of 10:00 PM to write a post.

Unfortunately, tonight's post isn't a very interesting one.  It's something that has been a big space saver for me though, and I know a lot of people don't know about this super easy and fast way to organize, so I thought I'd share it.

Just in case you didn't know I am a neat freak, I love to organize, and I hate clutter.  I live in a pretty small 3 bedroom 2 bath house, and although that doesn't sound too bad, now that we've had Ethan it definitely becomes a game of musical chairs when trying to figure out where to store things.  One product that has really helped me out are the Space Saver bags, the brand I use is "Space Bag".  I bought a pack at Bed Bath and Beyond (with a 20% off coupon, does anyone even shop there at full price anymore?), just to try out, and have been so incredibly happy with this product i'm eager to go and get a few more.

As all of us mamas know having a kid comes with bags and bags of accessories, toys, clothes, etc. Since i'm planning on having more kids I don't get rid of anything that Ethan grows out of because my other children will make use of his hand-me-downs.  This however, causes a problem for our already packed little house.  Below I will describe what I do with the bags and bags of clothes that I have to store.
First, I pack all of the clothes that Ethan has outgrown into a
Space bag.  

It is very important to group by age range and label it.  Otherwise
you'll have a heck of a time sorting through it later (yes I did make the
mistake of not labeling and sorting, due to laziness, and later payed
the price).
I then use my Dyson to do all of the work.
You of course don't have to use a Dyson, any vacuum
that has a detachable hose works.

You open the little plastic tab in the middle of the bag. 

Place the vacuum hose onto that little tab and then turn the vacuum on.
Leave the hose there until you notice no more air is being sucked out.

In the end you'll have an easy to store vacuum sealed bag.  I love this
because since we store everything in the garage the Space Bags keep
the clothes clean and ready to use whenever I need them next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by: The Blog Decorator